Sunday, January 16, 2011

To Know and Not to Know.

Insanity is defined as doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

For too long I have been going to work, doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results - I am expecting that at some point satisfaction and fulfillment will result, however this is not the case. Therefore I am moving on from my current career choice, without the safety net of another job lined up. Scary, yes but to me it's scarier to stay. I would rather experience failure doing something that I love, than success with the wrong thing.

In addition to starting the new year with a bang, leaving my job - I have also tacked on the decision to not renew my lease. Another change, be it a long-time coming one. I am not the fly by the seat of my pants kinda girl, I like routine and am a creature of habit. So needless to say these two decisions combined can equal a major freak out session or an opportunity for a personal evolution, the decision is up to me. I have chosen to embrace this time in my life, and take the leap to do what I love, possibly even re-locate to that place I have always talked of moving to.

So here's what I know, I am making a career change and soon to be moving.

Here's what I don't know, what career I will be switching to, and where I will be moving too.

Somehow I am positive that now that I have made the decisions, providence will move too and I'll be just fine.


I'll end with a quote that I adore:


"I will not die an unlived life. I will not live in fear of falling or catching fire. I choose to inhabit my days, to allow my living to open me, to make me less afraid, more accessible, to loosen my heart until it becomes a wing, a torch, a promise. I choose to risk my significance; to live so that which comes to me as seed goes to the next as blossom and that which comes to me as blossom, goes on as fruit."
~ Dawna Markova



xoxo - Carmi

1 comment:

  1. you will figure things out. moving out of OH was scary, but it was the best thing i did for myself. i love living where it's sunny almost everyday and the winters are not so bitterly cold. i, too, need to find a job that makes me happy; i'm not sure what that will be. you need to come visit me. we could go to the beach for the wkd!

    ReplyDelete